Y'all. Had one of the best meals of my life last Saturday for a day-date with my husband at Whistle Britches in Plano. Day-dates are the BEST, AmIRight? They're even better when hubs suggests we go shopping after! Needless to say, my Saturday was a good one people.

Now on to the important stuff. The FOOD. Insert all the drool emojis.




We started with the Cream Corn Skillet Cornbread.
[jack cheese, honey butter + cowboy candy]
We were both wondering what the hell "cowboy candy" was when we ordered it, lol. When the dish came, we realized it was candied jalapeños. I was concerned about the heat level, but really no kick at all. It was a FREAKING AMAZING lil' topper is what it was. The cornbread will be a definite staple on each visit.

Also pictured is the WB Bloody Mary. Those that know me well know that I am BIG into the garnishments with a bloody. Theirs got my stamp of approval with having a hard boiled egg + chicken wing alongside. Their house-made mix was flavor perfection as well. And it's poured with Tito's, nearly every Texan's favorite vodka.


I am going to go ahead and say this is HANDS DOWN BEST DISH ON THE MENU. I mean, I just can't even imagine something topping this one. The Chicken Benny you guys.
[biscuit, crispy chicken, pimento cheese, poached farm eggs, grain mustard hollandaise]
You can tell I was obviously excited to dig in because I couldn't even take a picture first before taking a bite and making it less picture perfect, haha.
It was a party in muh mouth. And you're welcome.


Pictured above is a side of the Homestead Mills Grits [roasted garlic, green onion, smoked gouda], and my husband's glass of Kentucky Bourbon Ale. While I knew we had ordered entirely too much food, I knew the grits couldn't be passed up even if I could only squeeze in a bite. BUT I definitely ate more than a bite, two huge spoonfuls to be exact. And I ain't mad about it.

Not pictured is hubby's dish, The Whistle Britches.
[biscuit, crispy chicken, honey butter, pepper jelly]
Hey, I was far too excited about digging into mine to take a picture of his. LOL. It was served as a sandwich with a side of kettle chips. Quite tasty, but mine was the winner (in my book anyway).

Also not pictured is the half carafe of Strawberry Basil Mimosa I ordered. This is the one thing I wouldn't order again. It was a bit too much on the sweet side for me, and there were no bubbles. Insert sad face here. I fully expect bubbles in my mimosa.


After brunch quick pic before shopping! Thank goodness for the belly room in this dress because sister was STUFFED. Major carb overload.
My dress is from Free People last year and has been sold out for some time. I keep hoping they'll bring it back because it's such a good one. I did find ONE new with tags on eBay, and also linked a similar style on Amazon for under $20!